Monday, November 12, 2007

Vanilla Ice- I Love You (1990)


I believe I have found the worst music video ever and the winner of this esteemed award goes to Vanilla Ice and the video to his song I Love You. The music by itself put me to sleep and was boring but not to the extent of the video. I wanted to gouge my eyes out after two minutes and there was still two and a half minutes left. You tube didn’t even have all of the video, they cut it a little short, gee, I wonder why? While watching the video I didn’t even know what to say, I had no reaction other than to keep my mouth wide open in shock that someone thought this was good and keep my eyes trying not to burn. I was not happy that the only women showed in the video were well endowed and were wearing skanky clothing. Why can’t a “normal” female portray the woman he loves? I understand why the most gorgeous women are in movies and such but for realistic purposes make women seem like everyday women. The outfits were terrible and the fake clouds in the background didn’t help the video at all. Some videos are bad but hilarious so it makes up for how bad they really are but this video had no good characteristics but maybe the words. I didn’t listen to the lyrics too carefully but even if the words were good, after watching the video I would no longer like the song for every time I’d listen to it that awful video would play in my scared mind. I know that is video was done in the 90’s and style was different back then, but I still can’t wrap my mind around the fact that this video may have been popular back then.

No comments: