Friday, November 16, 2007

NSync or NStink?


I have never been good at knowing who sings what song and for that I have always withdrawn myself from circumstances in which I would have to know such things. When I was about nine years old, my best friend at the time, Jennifer and I, coming home from school, turned her CD player on. NSync was the sound that I heard. I remember Jennifer asking if I liked them and all I could say was they were okay, when in fact I had no idea who they were. Finding this out, months later she and soon later, my cousin, educated me on what the cool music was at the time. To this day, I still can’t say who sings what song on the radio but I am doing much better, with the help of my friends. So, I automatically adapted to whatever my friends liked, which, unfortunately at the time, NSync was popular among young kids.
After getting me to know the music for that time, then I was shown the video that went to the music that was cool, like NSync. Now that I look back I did think that NSync was a good boy band then. I never had the regular crushed on the singers like most of my girlfriends did, but I enjoyed the music, back in the 90’s it was hip and happenin’. As I watch the video today, I realize that although I would admit to liking NSync back then, it was cool and no one had a problem with it. I don’t despise the music today but I would not listen to by choice. Times have changed and the style with it, but who knows one day, just maybe, they might come back again. They still maybe popular for the younger generation but to come full circle to my age group again… Fat Chance!

5 comments:

ENG-001; Language and Writing said...

Hahaha. I can totally relate to this. I don't think I was every that bad as far as music was concerned, but I remember always following the "smile and nod" rule. ;) I think it was mostly with TV shows that I SHOULD've known about but didn't so I just didn't say anything so that no one would know of my horrible lack of crucial knowledge. Lol. Don't'cha hate that? :) Well, anyways, I loved NSYNC, and I still do! And I'm proud of it, so there! :P Lol. But really, I think their songs are pretty cool and a lot of fun. They are good dancers, you gotta admit, and htey are very theatrical, which I love. <3

ENG 001: Language & Writing said...

Oh my god, I do not like Nsync at all. I mean Backstreet Boys and 98 degrees are okay, but for some reason Nsync is my least favorite. It may be because of the bad chorography in the music videos, especially the one where they are puppets, I mean come on, what is that about?! While everyone else was listening to them 24/7, I was listening to the Spice Girls, who are way better by the way. Unfortunately I still know every song by Nsync and every other boy band thanks to my sister; I confess I listened to them, but believe me, it was not by choice.
-Steph

Eng 001: Language & Writing said...

Haha. I remember N’Sync. My sister was obsessed with them as a child and also with the spice girls. I can remember all those boy bands of the 90’s like 98 degress and Backstreet Boys. There was a lot of crappy music that came out of the 90’s. I am actually proud to say I was never into N’Sync or the Backstreet Boys as a kid. I really liked Hansen though. This music video just brings back a lot of memories. My sister and her friends actually performed a dance to this song at the school’s talent show. Who knows, I will probably look back one day and think the music I listen to now is terrible.
Maddie

ENG 001: Language & Writting said...

Oh the good old' days of boy band supremacy. What could be any better than five guys all singing like they haven’t hit puberty and dancing around in the newest most stylish clothes? I think that no matter what guys say at one point we were all jealous of these boy bands. I mean come on girls was in absolute love with them. I do remember one band that I absolutely hated, Hanson. I was sitting in the rot just the other day and they were on good morning America and it brought back some awful memories. Boy bands made their run and I hope that it never comes back to life.

ENG001: Language & Writing said...

I remember being very in to Nsync when I was in middle school and junior high. Me and two of my best friends went to one of their concerts, my first concert. It’s funny to listen to their music today or to watch their videos because they are really ridiculous. This makes me wonder why I even liked their music. They were all pretty good singers and some of them could even dance, but the lyrics were usually bad and the music videos were worse. Despite this I do not mind listening to them every once in awhile with my sister, who was obsessed with Nsync. It may not be the best music, but it is fun to blast it and belt out the words that I can still remember